Friday, November 23, 2012

CoovaChilli - MAC Address Authentication

Since it's hard to get a straight answer from CoovaChilli's site, I just decided to post my findings in here.

Today, after so much searching and testing, I discovered how to bypass CoovaChilli's usual login page. In this post you will learn how to allow a device to gain access to the Internet via CoovaChilli based on the devices' MAC address.


I'm not much for words so go to the easy setup.

  1. Go to /etc/chilli or /usr/local/chilli depending on how you installed your CoovaChilli
  2. Open the "defaults" file
  3. Uncomment HS_MACAUTHMODE=local
  4. Also uncomment HS_MACALLOW="..." and edit it to look something like this

    HS_MACALLOW="00-25-d3-3f-70-9f"

    Change the value part with the MAC address of the device that you want bypass the login process
That's it!

To add more devices in the list, simply add their MAC address separating them with comma. Like:

HS_MACALLOW="00-25-d3-3f-70-9f,1C-4B-D6-5B-90-CA"


Again, that's it!


I hope this helps

3 comments:

  1. yes Sir

    This works fine

    Thanks
    Vivek

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sir

    but I try in my device just 15 device can by pass

    if I put mac-16 doesn't working

    you the solution?

    ReplyDelete